So many things happen every day, so little time to talk to our family and friends...please enjoy this excerpt of our lives!/ So viele Dinge passieren jeden Tag, doch so wenig Zeit um mit unserer Familie und Freunden zu sprechen...bitte habt Spass mit diesem Auszug aus unserem Leben!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Fasching!!
Since November 11th, 11:11 o'clock the Germans celebrate Fasching, also called the 5th season. It is a costume festival until February. It ends with Carnival Monday, Pan Cake Tuesday, Ash Wednesday, Old women Thursday...this year it ends the end of February 2009. During this time there is costume parties in a lot of places. They play 'Guggenmusik', a super loud band is playing party songs...(I personally am not a fan of that music). It is the german version of Mardi Gras. I love costume parties, but it's not as fun without Adam...Here in South Germany Fasching is mainly celebrated the last week as mentioned above. In Cologne are the biggest festivities going on and people say you have to go there to really experience Fasching. I don't know if I will go somewhere this year. Alyssa would like to go with her friend, unfortunately at this age...I m not sure I will be able to find an appropriate party. Usually there is either a lot of kids dressed up or it is adult parties. I will post pictures should we go somewhere fun! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment