So, I spent Christmas Eve (24th) with my parents. We ate, talked, laughed and unwrapped gifts. It was relaxed and nice. I spent the night and stayed until after lunch the next day. When I got home, I called my stepkids in WI, my new family in WA and a friend in WI :) My stepkids were not very talkative on the phone, I guess they were tired from getting up too early ;) They liked all the gifts they got and wanted to spend a relaxed day at home. I 'spread' Christmas spirit over email and will do so on myspace probably. Today I will meet my aunt and her family for lunch and tomorrow will be the ultimate family reunion for dinner! Everybody is supposed to come that lives in Germany :) it's going to be loud!
For everybody who doesn't know, Greeks are mostly orthodox. They follow a different church calender for their fests and holidays. The Greeks usually give presents on January 6th. But the way it is, I guess a lot of them start doing it on December 24th now too. I am not too familiar with the orthodox church. My parents weren't really interested and when I visited German schools here I learned more about being catholic than orthodox. Oh yeah, in German schools you have to go to either catholic or protestant class. Once you are older you can switch to "ethics" which is basically studying also other religions like Buddhism or Islam.
Anyways, Christmas had a good timing this year. The 25th and 26th are German holidays and this year a weekend follows! Because my boss gives us the 24th off too, that meant a 5-day-weekend for me! Yeah! I have to go to work on the 29th and 30th, but then again have 2 days off :) I needed vacation time anyways ;)
WOW Sounds like a very busy fun time! Enjoy your vacation!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a fun Christmas. Loud family gatherings are the best :)
ReplyDelete