Thursday, February 18, 2010

10 days left!

Being pregnant for 9 months seem to be a long and a short time...yeah, both at the same time if you ask me. It took 'forever' to show my baby belly, to the point where people said weird stuff to me like 'you don't even look pregnant!' (when I was 6 months pregnant actually) to 'I think you are lying to us, there is no baby bump to see!'....Finally it is visible for everyone around me and although from my point of view (looking down on my belly) it seems like a nice little belly...looking in the mirror I feel HUGE! I said to Adam the other day, that I wished I would've been a little taller, so my belly would 'stretch out' a little ;)...he laughed at me.
Well, today (Feb 18th) was Adam's guess on when our baby girl would arrive. It is 3pm already and nothing happened so far, so I am kinda glad that Adam wasn't right...haha! It would've been a little creepy as he already was right with the gender-guessing in my early pregnancy (before the ultrasound showed us).
We got so many gifts for our little girl that I can't wait to use all of them...clothes (SO many clothes!), socks, blankets, arm rattles, the crib and stroller we bought...I wanna take so many pictures of her, she will have her own daily-picture-dairy...LOL!
I haven't been able to paint animals on the nursery walls yet...I'm running out of time if I want this to be done BEFORE she arrives ;) But I need to be in a creative mood and there was so much else going on lately that I couldn't get myself up from the couch and do it. Being sick now doesn't really help ;) Anyhow I think it is a nice change of my daily life with baby too, so I'm guessing she will be ok if I paint her room later :D
Btw. we don't have a name yet...it is SO HARD!! I am usually not as indecisive about things, but the name search is 'kicking my butt', so to speak. In Germany you have 2 weeks after the birth to decide for a name...not sure if I want to wait until she is born though. Usually I want to be 'prepared' for (anything possible) things that could happen.
Last but not least I hope I'll have an easy delivery without any medical problems for me or my little girl. As I wasn't working out for a long time a part of me can't wait to get back in shape! Although I know it will be definitely hard to work out with the baby around, I still want it to be a steady part in my weekly schedule :) Let's hope that she will be cooperative and get on a good sleeping schedule soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment